Why are personal relationships important?
1. Elongate lives. Studies show that people with healthy relationships live longer.
2. They bring great joy. Friends and family tend to bring us great laughs and as a result great joy.
3. Provides support to get you through rough times. Every person has struggles, but whether or not we have someone to help us through these struggles, can make all the difference.
4. Keep us from being lonely. Having alone time is a necessity, but too much of it can be damaging to our mental health. Relationships help with any loneliness we may experience. So if you’re feeling lonely, call up a friend and just enjoy being with them.
5. Relating to others. While relating to others may not seem like something that can affect us, it has a huge impact. When you can relate to another person, it keeps you from feeling alone in the world.